Who is responsible for your information?
Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU is the legal entity responsible for the collection and processing of your personal information on this Website.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We only collect your personal information where that personal information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Depending on your relationship with us, this information may include, but is not limited to your name, number, address and/or email address.
We will use personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. The primary purpose of collection is the main reason we collect your personal information in the first instance. This will depend largely upon your relationship with us. For a supplier, the primary purpose may be to maintain a business relationship with you, for a job applicant it may be to conduct recruitment, for a customer, it may be to organise, facilitate and fulfil your order for a product(s) and/or to keep you informed of our marketing activities. We will only use personal information beyond the primary purpose where it is related to that purpose or where you consent to the further use.
Generally speaking, Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for purposes such as:
- to facilitate, maintain and continue a business relationship with suppliers or distributors;
- to communicate future promotional and marketing information including direct marketing purposes;
- to communicate with you in a personal way, such as responding to your feedback or service requests, or, if you choose to receive such information, to inform you about our products;
- to administer and fulfill your purchases of our products and to notify customers or others of products and services of Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU or other organisations that may assist you, including any special offers available. For the avoidance of doubt, any person that places an order or submits their details on the Website consents to their information being used by Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU to facilitate and fulfill their order and to, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised by the person, send them both current and future marketing and promotional material and/or consumer offers;
- to deal with any enquiries or complaints of customers or suppliers;
- to administer your account;
- to administer your participation in any contests, promotions, surveys or website features;
- statistical purposes;
- perform market research and improve our business; and
- as otherwise stated at or about the time information is collected.
We may also ask you to provide some optional information about your (use of) our products via a questionnaire. We use this information to perform market research and improve our business and products.
We do not store credit card information. Credit card information entered through our website is used by our payment provider to process your purchase and payment.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfil the applicable purposes of collection as described above, such as to supply products or services to you, or respond to your requests or enquiries, or tailor the Website, products or services in the most beneficial way.
How we collect and hold your personal information
When collecting personal information we will do so only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonable intrusive way. Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will only collect personal information about you from you directly and not from third parties. However, in some instances, this will not be practicable. If we collect personal information about you from a third party then we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you receive the information that we are obliged to make you aware of. This may involve us contacting you directly, or a third party discharging our obligations on our behalf.
When collecting personal information about you which, for the purposes of the relevant privacy laws is regarded as sensitive information or health information, we will collect that information from you or from third parties only with your consent.
How do we share your personal information?
We will not sell, rent, lease, or provide your personal information to third parties except as described below.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU may share your personal information with third party service providers or agents to perform certain processing activities on behalf of Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU. Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU requires these service providers to protect your personal information diligently.
The types of persons and organisations to which we may disclose your personal information include the following:
- organisations with whom we have arrangements or agreements for the purpose of promoting our products or services and any agents used by us in administering such arrangements or agreements;
- our agents, contractors and external advisers who carry on our functions and activities or who assist us to carry on our functions and activities from time to time;
- organisations who are contracted by us to perform certain services, including to maintain the Website and the personal information collected, provide cloud storage and management services for personal information, deliver products ordered on the Website, handle complaint and queries or facilitate any other service offered on the Website;
- our legal advisors, when needed; and
- other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU does not share your personal information with any other company for that company’s direct marketing services. For clarity, we may share your personal information with our service providers who may use the personal information for direct marketing services on Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU’s behalf, however, we will not share your personal information with other companies for the purpose of those companies marketing their own products to you.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU sometimes sells (part of) a business to another company. Such transfer of ownership may include the transfer of your personal information to the new owner.
Furthermore, we will release your personal information if so required by law, where necessary for preventing or combating fraud, where necessary for dispute resolution, or for any other pressing legitimate need which under the circumstances must outweigh your privacy interests, such as the security of our business and the safety of our staff.
Consent and sensitive information
We collect only minimal amounts of sensitive information. We will only collect sensitive or health information from you or about you with your consent. By supplying sensitive or health information about yourself in writing you will be taken to have given your consent to our collection of that information. In most instances, when we collect personal information directly from you, we will obtain your consent to use it for our various purposes. When we obtain information from a third party we will usually enlist that third party to obtain consent on our behalf. In some situations, we will be able to collect sensitive information about you without obtaining your consent. Where this occurs, we shall comply with the applicable privacy legislation at all times.
We would like to send you information about our products that may interest you by means of e-mail, post, or other communication channels, but we will only do so if you specifically consent to receive such communications from us.
Your decision not to opt in now will not affect your communication preferences already shared with us earlier while using different contact data or a different user account.
You will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from any further communication from us with respect to our products by using one of the following unsubscribe options:
- by clicking the unsubscribe option on the footer of the emails;
- by accessing your profile online and changing your communication preferences;
Please note, if you have unsubscribed from any communications with respect to our products, due to the processing time and production schedules, you may still receive communications already in production.
How do we protect your information?
We protect your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, interference, modification or disclosure in accordance with the requirements of the applicable privacy legislation, and with a variety of security measures such as secure registration forms, encryption of data, and restricting access to your personal information.
Requests for access to and correction of your personal information
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you, by writing to or contacting us on the details provided below.
No fee will be charged for making the request. We may charge a fee for the provision of this information to cover administrative costs, however, we will inform you of any fee at the time a request is made.
In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however, we may deny access to you to the extent that:
- providing access would pose a serious threat (or in the case of personal information other than health information, a serious and imminent threat) to the life or health of any individual;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- your request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- it is otherwise appropriate for us to deny access in accordance with the applicable privacy laws.
Should we deny you access to any personal information following an access request we will provide you with a reason for the denial. If you are aware that any of your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date following an access request, or because your circumstances have changed, please inform us so that we can update our records. We will correct any incorrect personal information and will not refuse to make a correction without providing you with a reason for the refusal.
However, if we do refuse to make a correction, we will take reasonable steps to place with the disputed information a statement from you claiming that the disputed information in your opinion is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Transfer of data
You should be aware that the business units responsible for the sale and marketing of Espresso di Manfredi® Branded Products are part of the JDE group of companies. As a consequence your personal information may be transferred within the JDE group of companies and used for the purposes set out above. Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU has taken adequate safeguards to ensure the confidentiality and security of your data.
If you are a user of our Website, we note that Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU keeps track of the domains which people visit on this Website through the use of “cookies”. This data is analysed for trends and statistics.
“Cookies” are a standard for storing small pieces of data on a web client (ie. the web browser on your computer). Any Web server (including this one) may: store one or more cookies in your browser; or request your browser to transmit the data to the Web server. This Website may store cookies on your Web client in order to better serve you upon your subsequent visits to this Website. By using cookies, websites can track information about visitors’ usage of the site, provide customised content, or even the use of password protection. Note that some browsers can be configured to allow cookies to be accessed by servers other than the originating server. Please note that most Web browsers can also be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing you to either accept or reject it. For further information about working with cookies: for Internet Explorer, visit www.microsoft.com and for Netscape Navigator, visit www.netscape.com. Note that the servers listed above may also cause a cookie to be stored on your computer. If you are using a browser not listed above, please consult your documentation or the manufacturer.
If you wish to use an online payment facility, you will need to accept cookies. If you have configured your browser to reject all cookies, you will be able to view information-only pages on the Website.
Questions and feedback
Please send us your questions and comments about privacy to AU.Privacy@jdecoffee.com.
Further, you can at all times request access to your personal information and request rectification and/or deletion of your personal information in case the information is not correct or irrelevant for the mentioned purposes. For these purposes you can contact our Privacy Officer at Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU Pty Ltd, Level 1, 924 Pacific Highway, Gordon NSW 2072, Australia telephone (02) 9551 3000 under mentioning of your name, Company and address.